Food Safety Management System
What is ISO 22000?
ISO 22000 standard is the best-known International Standard specifying the requirements for the food safety management system. The system requirements’ implementation demonstrates the organisation’s ability to control risks through an organised and scientific approach.
ISO 22000 is addressed to every company or organisation, regardless of size, both privately and publicly held. It is fully compliant with the rest of the ISO international organisation standards, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, etc.
ISO 22000 benefits
- Greater potential for access to domestic and global markets
- Competitive advantage and enhanced marketing
- Evidence of compliance with the requirements of current food and beverage safety legislation
- Greater and better response to customer requirements
- Maximization of food and beverage safety management
- Upgraded management of product withdrawal or recall cases
- Adoption of a high standard hygiene culture and staff handling to ensure food and beverage safety
- Improved operation and efficiency in terms of products’ production procedures and services offered
- Added value and expertise of the company
What is the role of IDEC SA?
- Assessment and identification of infrastructure requirements
- Risk assessment of raw materials, products and procedures
- HACCP Study development. Definition of preventive measures and monitoring plan for control points
- Development of required documentation (Manual, procedures, documents and necessary records)
- Development of allergen management plans, food defense, food fraud
- Training of the coordinator, food safety team and staff on the implementation of the system and legislative requirements
- Consulting Services for the organization and preparation for the certification in compliance with the international standard
- Management System monitoring and support according to the current needs following the initial certification
- Scientific support on relevant legislation and regulations