AEO – Authorised Economic Operators
Authorised Economic Operators (AEO) Certificate
Authorised Economic Operators (businesses) are reliable operators granted a special certificate by the customs authorities, with certain procedural facilitations and simplifications, both when importing and exporting goods.
Manufacturers/producers, exporters, transport agents, warehouse managers (customs warehouse or temporary storage), customs brokers, transporters and importers may obtain the AEO certification.
The AEO certification categories are the following:
AEOC Certificate – Customs Simplifications: it applies to economic operators / businesses seeking to benefit from the simplifications provided for in customs legislation.
AEOS Certificate – Security and Safety: it applies to economic operators / businesses requesting facilitations during customs controls concerning protection and security, when goods enter and exit the Community.
AEO – Customs Simplifications / Security and Safety (AEOF): combination of the first two categories.
- Easier access to customs simplifications
- Less physical and documentary controls
- Priority on control issues in case goods are selected for control
- Control points’ selection
- Reduced data set for summary declarations
- Notification prior to goods’ arrival
- Indirect Benefits such as fewer thefts and losses, less delays in goods’ shipments, improved planning, active employees’ participation, supplier audits’ reduced costs, less problems detected timely by employees etc.
- Competitive advantage for business Marketing
Role of IDEC S.Α.
- Current business status assessment
- Action plan development
- Registration and validation of required procedures
- Development of necessary documentation/ records
- Consulting support in managing technical measures
- Staff training
- Preparation and Support in case of Customs and G.S.I.S. certification inspections
- Settling any outstanding issues (non compliance) that may arise