Food Safety Management System – FSSC 22000
What is FSSC 22000 standard?
FSSC 22000 is a globally recognised standard for the auditing, monitoring and certification throughout the food chain to ensure food safety.
FSCC 22000 is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and based on the international standard ISO 22000 in conjunction with the ISO/TS 22002 series specification.
Aligning the business with the FSSC 22000 requirements provides evidence of compliance to all stakeholders, such as customers, auditors, etc. The FSSC 22000 certification is fully equivalent to BRC and IFS certifications, it adds value and credibility enhancing the sustainability of the business.
From 1 April 2024 onwards, only standard version 6 will be applied and companies will have to make the transition the latest by 31 March 2025.
The new standard version incorporates the requirements of ISO 22003 – 1:2022, as well as enhanced sustainability requirements, reinforcing the UN’s goals of preventing food waste, by adopting a food safety culture, improved allergen management and crisis management measures, including enhanced measures to support the certificate verification.
FSSC 22000 benefits
- Greater potential for access to global markets
- Competitive advantage
- Evidence of compliance with the requirements of current food and beverage safety legislation
- Greater and better response to customer requirements
- Maximisation of food and beverage safety management
- Upgraded management of product withdrawal or recall cases
- Adoption of a food and beverage safety management culture
- Improved operation and efficiency in terms of products’ production procedures and services offered
- Added value and expertise of the company
What is the role of IDEC SA?
- Assessment and identification of infrastructure requirements
- Risk assessment of raw materials, products and procedures
- HACCP Study development. Definition of preventive measures and monitoring plan for control points
- Development of required documentation (Manual, procedures, documents and required records)
- Development of allergen management plans, food defense, food fraud
- Training of the coordinator, food safety team and staff on the implementation of the system and legislative requirements
- Consulting Services for the organisation and preparation of certification in compliance with the international standard
- Management System monitoring and support according to the current needs following the initial certification
- Scientific support on relevant legislation and regulations
Ask us for a quote